LONDON BASED STYLE, BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE BLOG

Wardrobe

31 January 2015

For the Love Of Lipsticks

The perfect red lips is one of the most talk about routine in makeup history. Wearing a red lip could be one of the most daring things for a lipstick lover. The perfect red lipstick or lips will always add that extra wow to any look and there are so many different shades of red to flatter any skin tone. I  myself, am an avid red lipstick user and I feel that once you've found your perfect shade of red, it can make you pop even on a horrible day. A red lip is an image transforming tool, it can add an extra layer of classic glamour to any outfit. 
Please scroll down and see a selection of my 5 favourite red lipsticks, for every budget.
Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick; Shade 410
This lipstick is very rich in colour. It is very moisturising and very pigmented; To achieve darker lips, add more layers. This is the cheapest lipstick in this selection. I don't really like the smell but it wears off after it has been applied. I don't usually prep my lips too much before applying this because its so nourishing, all I  need is my trusted lip primer and lip liner to keep my lipstick in place.
MAC's; Shade Russian Red
This is one of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks from my collection. I feel, it's not as drying as the Ruby Woo and it's a much deeper red than the Ruby Woo. You do need to prep your lips before; you'll need to exfoliate, prime and line your lips before applying this. I think this will suit all skin tone.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick - Red Door Red Lipstick; Shade 02
This Lipstick is moisturizing and very pigmented. I can't really say much about this lipstick because it's not my shade. I feel it is a tad too light for skin tone. I do love red lipsticks but this is just not for me. I believe this will go well with lighter skin tone. I have tested this so many times however, I feel the colour washes me out.
MAC's high impact Matte; Shade Ruby Woo 
I have a love and hate relationship with this lipstick. I do really love everything about it except for that fact that it's so drying. It does stay on for ages and it compliments my skin tone so well. I wanted to try out the Riri Woo but it's always sold out so I have stopped looking. You must make sure you exfoliate, moisturise, prime and line your lips before applying. 
I love this lipstick, it is extra matte, long lasting and it is such a pretty red. This is my second most worn red lipstick ever.
Colour swatches from left to right
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Moisturizing Lipstick; Shade 02
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss; Shade 107
MAC's Matte Lipstick; Shade Russian Red
Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick; Shade 410
MAC's high impact Matte Lipstick; Shade Ruby Woo 
Shop This Post:
Elizabeth Arden Lipstick (here)
Rimmel London Lipstick by Kate Moss (here)
Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick (here)
MAC's; Shade Russian Red (here)
MAC's high impact Matte; Shade Ruby Woo (here)

Dare to wear red...Find your perfect match!!

So what are your favourites red lipstick(s)?
Thanks for stopping by.
xoxo



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :-) I squeal like a little girl in a candy shop when I see a single comment!

xoxo Becky

Blog Design Created by pipdig