LONDON BASED STYLE, BEAUTY + LIFESTYLE BLOG

Wardrobe

26 May 2015

May Birchbox: Free Your Mind

In this month's beauty box, the lovely people at Birchbox are helping us free our mind, with this a colouring-in box, which can be entered into the Birchbox 'Colour Your Box' competition. As a self-confessed doodler, I was pretty chuffed to have a big old box to showcase my doodling talents even though am not a very good "artist". This month's samples are a mix of items from known and unknown brands, I would need during the summer months.

This mattifying lip rouge came in colour No. 3 New York, which is a fuchsia bright pink. I like the colour a lot, love the applicator as well as the sample size, however, I did not like the final result. This is meant to be a mattifying lip colour. I followed the instruction down to the letter and left it on my lips for quite a while; this lip rouge did not dry to a matt finish; it transferred on everything.  So I gave up on trying to wear it, it just didn't work for. If you tried this product...please let me know if you liked it or not?
Love the name, first of all. This body butter is non-greasy lotion designed to nourish the skin.  I quite like this butter, it smells sweet, and it is very nourishing, leaves my skin sweet smelling for hours and super soft. Love this butter. The only downside though, the full-size cost £14.50  which is very expensive for a body lotion :-)
WAH London was this month's  "Pick Your Sample": we were given the choice to choose between nail polish, press on nails and nail art pen.  The pen came in "Navy". I have not had the opportunity to test it out yet. So I cannot really say give a mini-review at the moment.
I have never used a salt spray before and I was very impressed with this product. As well as being a salt spray this product contains sweet almond oil and vitamin-rich algae to help add texture, nourish your scalp and it smells nice. Plus it is also sulphate, paraben and gluten free and it safe to use on coloured or treated hair; Great product to use if you want to achieve that effortless beach waves.
I was very excited to see the RMK brand in my box again. So this product did not disappoint; it helps remove my makeup from my face with ease. Please make sure you give this product an excellent shake before use.
A beautiful treat for your locks; packed with soy protein to reconstruct, strengthen, condition, moisturise, detangle and smooth your hair. This is another sample I have not tried yet, and again I cannot give you a mini-review at the moment.......I am very excited to try this out, I love finding products to help tame my hair. 
Although, I didn't like all the samples, I feel this is an amazing box of summer products; hair mask, moisturising salt spray. I can definitely see myself using all these products during the summer months. Most of  the samples I received this month are from new brands; I am very happy to receive a beauty box of high standards, the babes at Birchbox are definitely winning....next month subscribers can choose a design of their box. I am thinking of resubscribing to Glossybox- to keep things balanced and more interesting.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :-) I squeal like a little girl in a candy shop when I see a single comment!

xoxo Becky

Blog Design Created by pipdig